Thursday, May 03, 2007

How to be a Good Dog (TT #13)


13 Ways to be a Good Dog (TT# 13)


I got these from an e-mail my mother sent me. I don't know who wrote them, but it wasn't me. I'm 1 short, so #1 is inspired by my dog Mercy--I actually did write that one!

You've seen e-mails about kids' letters to God. What might a dog write in a letter to God?

Dear God,

Here is a list of a few of the things I must remember to be a good dog:

1.When we have company over, I will not try to mate with them. It's rude and, besides, I'm a girl.
2.I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
3.I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the smell.
4.The sofa is not a face towel.
5.The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
6.My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
7.Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is not an acceptable way of saying hello.
8.I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
9.I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house.
10.I will not throw up in the car.
11.I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is over.
12.The cat is not a squeaky toy; so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
13.And God, when I get to Heaven, can I have my testicles back?

Sincerely,
The Dog

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






19 comments:

Leah said...

Funny...yet so true.

DigiscrapMom said...

Very true!!!!

Happy Thursday!

Scribbit said...

It makes me so glad all I have to deal with is children :)

I'm just too uptight to have animals in the mix as well. But nonetheless, very funny :)

Anonymous said...

Will read th elist to my dog if one day we decide to have one...

:-D

Anonymous said...

Funny list. Happy Thursday.

Unknown said...

Those are hysterical!! I don't know why but 5 really tickled me. lol

Mo said...

Oh, so true!! #12 is a constant in my house; no wonder the poor cat is neurotic.

Robin said...

Too funny! I haven't had a dog in many years, but that brings it all back.

Unknown said...

that made me laugh..I think my Lucy the basset hound wrote it!

thanks for signing up for the scavenger hunt...we are having a blast

jenclair said...

Still chuckling...

and thanks for visiting my blog :)

Carina said...

Funny stuff.

I'm a little curious how #1 and #13 can both be equally true, but I suppose anything's possible. =)

Chelle said...

If only my dog would live by rule #2, my life would be ever so much brighter. Great list!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! This must be my favorite TT of the week :D

Thanks for stopping by :)

Kendra said...

great TT post! thanks for the laughs!

Dane Bramage said...

Thanks for the great laugh. But I wonder how many married men also ask for #13? Hmmm?

Thanks for visiting my 13 Classy Insults list.

Qtpies7 said...

HAHA! Those are funny! Especially the nose in the crotch, our dog does that! But thats the least of our manner concerns, we'd just like to be able to get him on and off his line without having to lay on top of him or get our necks snapped by his line.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, dear, I wish our dogs would learn some of this!

Pamela said...

#7
I always have said that is how dogs say 'How do you do-do?"

Anonymous said...

I always find myself telling the puppy to "stop trying to eat the cat". He's lucky she's so good tempered or his nose would be missing by now!