Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pillowcase Dress/Tank Top/Nightgown/Painting Smock

Sewing project number two is finished.

Last time I made a bag out of a pillowcase.

This time I made a baby dress (or a tank top, or a night gown, or a painting smock!) out of a pillowcase.

Aside from some problems I had with the bias stuff that goes around the armholes and ties as "sleeves", it was pretty easy.

My instructions for making it came from this blog. Those are the easiest instructions I've found online. This also seems to be a safer design than some pillowcase/bandana dresses. Some dresses have ribbons that form the gathers at the necks. Apparently those can be a choking hazard if the kiddo pulls on the ribbon while wearing it.

This one just has some elastic in front and in back, no choking hazards.

It's not perfect, but it's done!

No comments: