Friday, October 26, 2007

Overheard at the Office

A discussion was going on about what everyone is going to dress up as for Halloween.

Coworker 1: "Well, since you're going as gangrene, I might go as some other STD."
(pause)
Coworker 2: "Gangrene isn't a STD, you dipshit."
Coworker 1: "I might go as some other FUNGUS then."

My coworkers are funny.

Yesterday, a guy on the next aisle over was randomly bursting out into pep-rally mode. It was alarming. Phrases such as this were exclaimed very loudly for no apparent reason:

"It's another Bears first down!!"

This was sometimes followed by a sing-song rendition of the team's name.

Pep-Rally Guy: "I'll tell you what, I'm never going to another college game sober."
Another Guy on his Row: "I don't think you're sober now."

I'd have to say I agree. I called and asked another guy on that row if Pep-Rally Guy has Tourette's. He could offer no explanation for the guy's odd behavior.

___________________________

Today we're having a mandatory meeting. It's a mandatory OUTDOOR meeting at a little place called ToadSuck. I'm affectionately refering to it as "The Winter Olympics" because we're supposed to play games when the meeting is over (it's supposed to be a half-day outing) and it's 50 something degrees and damp. Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you work with people that can make you giggle ^_^