Monday, October 18, 2010

Family Bonding Time

What a weekend! We had our first family reunion in I don't know how long. We had it out in the middle of nowhere, but it was a town where a lot of my ancestors were a big part of the community.

As a bonus, there were donkeys (and a zebra) across the street.


There was also a funny T-shirt contest.

(There is no Gentlemen's Club--or much of anything else--in Bodcaw. In case you were wondering.)

And a relative playing a harmonica in a cemetery. I have no idea either...


Some relatives that nobody had had any contact with in 20 years made it down to the reunion. It was really good to meet them. They're great! I just wish they didn't live so far away. One of the cousins is a skinny teenager. My great-nephew (who is 3) walked up to him and said, "Where's you booty?" Good question since the boy doesn't have one! He also started yelling, "Wicked awesome!" this weekend. So funny. I love that kid.

No comments: