Monday, January 18, 2010

2009 Book Wrap-up

I'm finally getting around to this! Go me!

I decided to make a list of the books from 2009 that left a lasting impression. They either made me evaluate how I live my life, made me anxious to read more of a given author's work, or haunted me long after I finished reading them. I love books like this. When possible, I've linked to the Bookcrossing journal entry that cooresponds to the book.

In no particular order:

The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer

Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
(Do not be fooled...the book is so different from the movie)

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon


I only read 40 books last year, which is kind of a dismal statistic (compared to 84 in 2008 and 93 in 2007), but I will learn to forgive myself. :)

Seventeen of the authors were new to me and in some cases, I can see some of the authors becoming favorites of mine.

Goals for 2010? I'd probably feel moderately OK about reading 50 books. I may read more if I start fully utilizing the Central Arkansas Library System's free audio book download feature. It's wonderful. I just need to locate my MP3 player. I can't keep up with anything lately. Such a disaster!

No comments: