Friday, June 06, 2008

The Noose Tightens

It appears that everyone on the floor got a talk, but they all got different talks. There's even talk about the dress code being more strictly enforced.

Basically, my only joy at work comes from eating snack mix and listening to my audio books. My waistline will expand, surely. But maybe my "books read in 2008" list will too.

Today's Kevin's birthday. Just seconds ago, I spotted a spider climbing on the wall just behind his head. Did he appreciate my concern when I grabbed him by the hair and yanked his head away from the wall while gritting my teeth and saying, "I'm serious!*"? I don't think so. But I very well might have just saved his life. If that's not a good birthday present, I don't know what is!

*When I see spiders, I don't often speak intelligible sentences. It was the best I could do.

No comments: