Friday, May 02, 2008

Stuck on a Truck-isms

Every year at a certain local festival, there's an event called Stuck on a Truck wherein the contestants see who can stand up and touch a truck for the longest amount of time. The person who lasts the longest wins the truck. I think there are also consolation prizes for a couple of runner ups.

Every year they set up a website so that anyone can watch a live feed of the goings on, and they include bios for each of the contestants.

And every year I read the bios and laugh. Here are a few examples gathered from different bios. Comments in italics are mine.

1. List any interesting facts about yourself? I like red trucks
2. Do you have any good luck charms, superstitions, etc. to help you win? My children and Jesus
3. What strategies and tactics will you use to win? Be the last one with my hand on the truck
4. What made you decide to register? My friends that I could definitely win I wonder if he knows that the prize is a truck and not friends.
5. What sets you apart from the other contestants? I’m not going to lose
6. Do you have any good luck charms, superstitions, etc. to help you win? If I have the number 14 somewhere on my clothing
7. What is your motto for the competition? Stay classy
8. Is there anyone special who will come to support you during the competition? all the girls in our salon, my friend & a lot of my clients have already volunteered to support me with shirt, food, drinks & just being there to support me. Support her with shirt?

These next three are all from the same bio:
9. How do you plan to adjust to the lack of sleep? Mental state of mind That's the best kind of state of mind, really.
10. What sets you apart from the other contestants? Every one Starts equal
11. What makes you think you can win? Every one has a chance

No comments: