Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Homemade Laundry Detergent Update

It was brought to my attention the other day that I never updated you on how the Homemade Laundry Detergent Experiment worked out.

I made a batch on the 22nd or 23rd of January and I'm just about out of it (I probably have a couple more loads left), so a batch lasts a pretty long time.

I haven't had any problems with it. My laundry smells nice and clean. I haven't had any particularly tough stains to really test it, but it did get (dried) mud out of a sheet I took outside to sit on while I worked in my flower bed.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it.

I might switch to Charlie's Soap when I use up all of the ingredients just because it annoys me to have to grate the bar soap for the homemade stuff. But we'll see.

I think that when I use up all of my fabric softener sheets, I'll try to switch to vinegar as a fabric softener. The problem that I have with that is that you are supposed to wait until the rinse cycle to dump the vinegar in and I never pay close enough attention to the washer to know when it's going into rinse cycle mode.

No comments: