Thursday, April 03, 2008

More on Vinegar + Etsy News

Dani-- I tried to reply to the e-mail you sent me and it told me it couldn't send it. Go figure! So anyway, I'll just basically say what I was going to say in my e-mail.

I use vinegar in my washing machine sometimes to wash clothes that I've forgotten to take out of the washer in a timely manner(tell me I'm not the only one who does that!). It takes the stinky/sour/moldy smell out and it doesn't make the clothes smell like vinegar. Once the clothes finish washing, the vinegar smell is totally gone. So I think you're safe from the vinegar smell if you use it as a fabric softener.

I have a bleach well in my washer. Does anyone know what that actually does? Does it just distribute the bleach evenly so it won't ruin your clothes, or does it wait until the rinse cycle to mix the bleach in? I have no idea. I was wondering if I could put vinegar in it for fabric softener purposes.

___________________________________


In Etsy news, I got my second order yesterday. This time it's for one of the little wrist pouch thingies that I've just started making. I'm making it out of dog fabric for a dog walker. Isn't that fun? I'm making one special for her (I'll finish it tonight), so I'll post pictures later.

I also have a pretty darn clever (if I say so myself) idea for a flax bag design, but I haven't figured out the fine points of how to execute it given the whole "no metal in the microwave" issue. :) You'll see. I'll post that when I finish too.

I'm full of ideas, but not so full of time and energy.

1 comment:

Books, hooks, needles, and my weightloss journey said...

No, you're not the only one who occasionally doesn't take the laundry out of the washer in a timely manner. I also use vinegar when that happens, but I also wash the same load with a cup or two of Hydrogen Peroxide, which kills the mold. Then I wash it in vinegar to get rid of any lingering odor. I haven't used vinegar as a softener because, as you said, I don't pay that close attention to the wash cycle. Just start and then move on to other things.