Since we're entering into the season of the commercialization of love, I thought I'd share 13 things that I love.
1. Special K 90 Calorie Snack Bars! These are great. I've tried the chocolate and vanilla flavors and they're both really good.
2. My seam ripper. I've love it more and more every time I try a sewing experiment.
3. My 64 oz. insulated water jug--for those of us who are too lazy to get refills.
4. Etsy. I'm totally addicted.
5. Confetti Kisses. Weird, but good, but still weird. Not as good as Hugs, but lots better than the raspberry ones (yuck!). Although, I'm fairly sure that if I were ever to try the caramel filled ones, I would continue eating them until my stomach exploded. I've become a bit of a kiss connoisseur lately. At the women's events at church there are always various kisses on the table. It's always fun to see all of the different kinds available (and eat all of the good ones before the rest of the group gets there). Just kidding. A little.
6. My new hair color. It's kind of coppery, but subtle. Actually, I liked the color better when it was first done. It has faded a little. When I told my mom I was a red head, her response was, "WHY?" Thanks, mom!
7. Scrapbook paper. I know, I know! I don't even scrapbook. But I have been experimenting with altering composition books using scrapbook paper and recycled (damaged) children's book pages. Keep an eye on my Etsy store. When I finally finish one, I'll post it. I just need to make another run to Hobby Lobby before I finish it, and quite frankly, I don't *like* Hobby Lobby. Sucks to be me.
8. Yards free of campaign signs. Seriously. Take the signs down already. The election isn't until November and besides that, who actually bases who they're going to vote for on signs they see as they're driving down the road?
9. Funny Youtube videos. Oh look! Here's one now!
10. Matthew West's You are Everything. I think it's a combination of the piano music (have I mentioned that I'm a sucker for piano music?) and the words.
I'm the one with big mistakes
Big regrets and bigger breaks
Than I ever care to confess
Oh but, You're the one who looks at me
And sees what I was meant to be
More than just a beautiful mess
11. Toilet paper. Aren't you glad we don't have to use leaves? I know that my obsession with toilet paper is a little out there and that not everyone carries an emergency four pack in the trunk of his or her car, but I'll guarantee you that when you run out one day, you'll wish you had an emergency four pack stashed away. Mark my words!
12. I love being a chick. There is no social stigma attached to using toilet paper when you tinkle if you're a girl. Plus, the more I learn about the inner workings of the male mind, the more alarmed I become.
13. Bloglines. It's so nice to be able to read all of my favorite blogs from a central location.
To visit the Thursday Thirteen site, go here.
Other Thursday Thirteen participants: