It's the moment at least one or two of you have been waiting for. May I present to you: Christmas Displays that Should Not Have Been!
1. I've got to give Mandy props for leading me to this one. Doesn't it appear as if Santa is peeing on his sled?
2. Looks like someone took their child's ride-on toy and turned it into their lone Christmas decoration.
3. All the people have to stand outside the church because they're all much too tall to go through the church doors.
4. It's just not Christmas without animated flamingos under a palm tree. In Arkansas.
5. The haphazardly placed "star" lights in the tree blinked in such a way as to give an innocent bystander a seizure. From a distance, it looked like a giant snake wiggling in the tree.
6. This one had the makings of a nice display until they decided to go with one random blue bush.
7. That's right. There's an inflatable NASCAR race going on here. There goes the neighborhood! It's even better during the day when all the inflatables are lying in heaps on the ground. Looks like there's been some sort of North Pole massacre.
8. Someone remind me...was it a star or a multicolored disco ball that led people to Our Lord? This is at the same house as #7.
9. How ticked off do you figure the husband of this household is that he climbed all the way up on the roof to display some lighted reindeer only to find that one of the deer's head is burned out?
10. The front of this house almost spells out "HELP". The star reminded us of a pentacle. Not sure that's what they were going for.
11. You can't get the full impact of this one without a video, but the trees on the far left actually played music and the lights danced to them. Don't you know the neighbors love hearing them all night long?
12. These people said to themselves, "Forget Christmas lights! We'll just put a movie screen up in the front yard and play Frosty the Snowman for passers by. They're just a couple of houses down from #13.
13. Clark Griswold, eat your heart out! This one's so gaudy, it took three pictures and a sideways (couldn't figure out how to rotate it) video to capture it.
To visit the Thursday Thirteen site, go here.
Other Thursday Thirteen participants: