Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rerun Thoughts

I really didn't feel like blogging today (or yesterday, as you can tell!), so I thought I'd do a rerun.

I originally was going to rerun this one because I've been thinking a lot about "love languages" lately.

But then I ran across this one. I'm one of those people who writes in her bible. I highlight. I underline. I write historically relevant things in the margin. The other day at church, the pastor was going over a different passage on the same page, but my eyes were drawn to part I had highlighted at some time-(Hebrews 11:13-16). I quoted part of it in the blog entry I just linked you to, but I cut it short before.:

13All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.


I didn't really pay attention to the bolded part before. But I just can't think of a better way to express how I feel about "home". When someone asks me where home is, I have to think for a minute about how to answer them because nowhere feels like home anymore. It's not a "country I have left". It's somewhere I've never been.

No comments: