Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm a Success!

My physical therapist discharged me yesterday. That's good news, I guess. She actually didn't have to rearrange my pelvic bones yesterday (the time before, she had to REALLY rearrange them), so we took that as a good sign. I still have some issues and pain, but it's not as bad as when I started. I've realized that the pain I have is in three categories:

1. My joints are out of place. --I can kind of get them back where they need to be most times.
2. My muscles back there are cramped up. --There's not so much I can do about this except for a couple of stretches that help a little. Deep tissue massage helps too, but hurts so badly that it makes me cry.
3. My ligament sprain-pain. --I haven't figured out a dang thing I can do about this.

She suggested that I join a pilates class to work on core stabilization (the stronger my muscles are, the more likely my joints are to behave). I called my gym and they have one once a week right now and they're going to add two more in mid-August. It just so happens that the pilates class is tonight, so I guess I'll go tonight and try it out. I will likely be crippled with muscle pain and soreness afterwards, so if you don't hear from me, it's probably because I can't get out of bed to blog.

In other news, I was in on a phone interview today in which the applicant narrated her "specific examples" (we use behavioral interviewing, lots of open ended questions with stuff like, "tell me about a time when...")as if she were speaking in third person. Fun stuff. It was almost like reading a book except far less interesting.

No comments: