1. I have an irrational fear of running out of toilet paper (I've mentioned this before.) I can't go to the store without thinking, "You know, I should probably pick up some toilet paper to have as an emergency backup in case I run out!" Then I remember that I already have an emergency 4-pack in the trunk of my car.
2. I live with the knowledge that every object is a possible spider haven. I don't touch anything (especially anything that hasn't been moved in awhile) without poking at it, kicking it, stomping it, or otherwise "de-spidering" it in some way.
3. I hate for my face to be touched.
4. I hate for my feet to be touched or for anyone's feet to touch me.
5. Every time I draw back the shower curtain,I have a fear that there will be a body hanging there. This is because of that scene in the movie "Girl Interrupted". This is an example of why I cannot watch scary movies. And that wasn't even a scary movie. I'm just sensitive like that.
6. I have a similar fear that I'll stand up after washing my face at the bathroom sink and see someone's reflection behind me. This is also the result of having seen this in a movie.
7. I can't stand to see peoples' drinking glasses on the floor. I cannot express to you how insane this makes me. That's just begging someone to kick the glass over and spill whatever's inside. It doesn't matter if I see this at someone else's house/on someone else's carpet. It's a struggle not to pick it up and put it in a more secure location.
8. Before I start a book, I put a bunch of post-it tabs inside of the front cover of the book. As I'm reading the book, when I come across a passage or quote that I like,I mark it with one of the post-it tabs. That's fine and good until I forget to put the tabs in the front of the book. Actually, that's why I'm writing this. I would be reading except I don't have any tabs with me to mark quotes.
9. I won't drink milk on its expiration date. Sometimes, I won't drink it a few days before the expiration date. See #11.
10. I typically don't take vitamins because they're all so huge and I'm afraid they'll make me gag. I also won't let a doctor put a tongue depressor in my mouth for fear of gagging. See #11.
11. I have an irrational fear of throwing up.
12. Not having a map or detailed directions to a location I'm unfamiliar with sends me over the edge. I have a terrible sense of direction and I feel panicky if I don't know where I am.
13. When I'm cooking something, I like to follow the recipe exactly. It makes me nuts if the particular measuring cup I need for something is dirty or otherwise missing in action. I'm not a good enough cook to improvise.
You can get the Thursday Thirteen code here.
Other Thursday Thirteen participants: