Friday, September 08, 2006

5 Reasons Why I Know My Boyfriend Loves Me

1. He bought a super-jumbo-institutional-sized package of toilet paper, knowing I have an undiagnosed mental disorder wherein I get nervous when I think there's a slight chance that there's not enough toilet paper in the house to last for at least a year. Toilet paper: my figurative security blanket. (If I could sew, I might make a literal security blanket out of it) There's nothing worse than having to drip dry.

2. Without even reading yesterday's blog, he somehow knew in advance that I was in dire need of some frozen M&Ms, and alas, when I opened his freezer yesterday to get some ice for my drink, I spotted them and I was elated. They have such a calming affect on me.

3. He suffered through an episode of "Maternity Ward" with me last night and didn't complain. You know, every time I watch that show, I'm amazed at the whole miracle of pregnancy and birth. I'm also amazed at the size of those jokers heads when they pop out. Are you kidding me? I mean, the head isn't even the biggest part, the dang shoulders are. That's crazy. And I just think..."That chick just totally maimed her girly parts. It's SO never going back to normal after that."

4. When I steal all the croutons off his salad when his head is turned, he doesn't fuss. He just hands me the bag of croutons. And then when I refuse the bag of croutons and continue to eat the ones off his salad, he still doesn't fuss.

5. He performs a spider check on his front porch before I enter and leave his home. If he sees one, he calmly instructs me to use the other door so as not to make me have a nervous breakdown. He doesn't like spiders either, but if I see one and go into hysterics, he sucks it up and takes care of it for me.

No comments: