Thursday, April 19, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (TT # 11)


Thirteen of my Favorite Things


1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I don't know where the "eraser" goes as it shrinks away over time, but I don't need to know! Is there anything this product can't do?

2. Intuition razor. I was recently introduced to this product (I'm a Venus razor girl, generally) because I found a two pack of deodorant that also included a free Intuition razor. This is the most convenient razor ever. I'm not sure it does as great of a job as the Venus, but it makes shaving a much faster process. Also, I'm pretty sure there's something nasty growing in the handle of my Venus razor. I've tried cleaning it with bleach and nothing happens, though.

3. Bathing suit coverups. I think I've just committed myself to going to the beach this summer. I currently cannot stomach the idea of wearing a bathing suit in public. Thank goodness for coverups. In the meantime, I must keep running.

4. Bookcrossing.com - I'm bookishly obsessed. This saves me a ton of money.

5. Paperbackswap.com - See #4. If bookcrossing saves me a ton of money, paperbackswap saves me two tons of money. They also have a CD swapping site.

6. Blogging. Seriously, what did I do before I blogged? I used to write a little bit here and there. Mostly just stream of consciousness stuff, but it always got shuffled away in a notebook somewhere (which is honestly where most of it belongs! Hidden away!). I've found that blogging is a great outlet for me. Even on days when nobody probably reads what I've written.

7. Cadbury Mini-Eggs (Thank you, Easter Bunny!)

8. The Fur Babes. Butter actually nuzzled me with her little furry head the other night during her one-on-one frisbee lesson. It was almost as if she had noticed I exist.

9. Getting my hair washed by the hairdresser of doom. You just can't recreate the magic of the shampoo bowl at home.

10. Fishing. And I'm not talkin' about stinkin' bass fishing either. Bream fishing is the way to go.

11. Evanescence/Norah Jones. Two totally different ends of the spectrum, but they're both my favorites. And Norah is coming to LR. Is anybody going? Evanescence was just here and I missed it. Now Norah is going to be here and I'll probably miss her too because I don't know anyone who loves her as much as I do. Guess I'll go eat worms.

12. Myspace. I've reconnected with quite a few of my old favorite friends through this site.

13. Quiet. No TV. No radio. Nobody talking. Just quiet. There's something about it. It seems like people can't stand quiet anymore. I love it.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!









20 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent list! I need to try that magic eraser thing..BLogging rocks...I liked this list



Amy's Random Thoughts blogging Scavenger HUnt starts May 1st. Details were announced today.. Dont you want to participate?

Penny said...

I love this list! I love blogging so much. What did I do with my thoughts before I discovered blogging?

I love Mr Clean Magic Eraser as well. I have tried Intuition, but hated it. I am a Venus girl as well and it didn't seem to shave as closely as the Venus. My DD on the other hand loves the Intuition.

I long for #13 especially in the evening!

Happy TTing!

Anonymous said...

Those are all excellent things! And yes, blogging is great -- I enjoy it tremendously. And yes, books -- to say I'm a bookworm would be putting things mildly. :)

Happy TT, and thank you for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

Great list! And I, too, love the magic eraser!! And I've had a few hairdressers of doom in my life too...Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Great list. :-)

I'm going to have to check paperbackswap.com out!

Special K ~Toni said...

Wonderful list! I have to agree with # 1,6,7 and 13!!

Chelle said...

#1 and #7, totally. Cadbury was genius when they introduced the mini egg; you can eat more and feel less guilty for it.

Lori said...

Im gonna have to try #1, and I love 7 & 9...12 is fun too!! Myspace is connected to my blog. Stop by and say hi sometime....

Thanks for visiting my blog:)

alisonwonderland said...

books and chocolate are two of my most favorite things! i only discovered Evanescence a month or so ago, but i'm enjoying listening to them. and, ah, quiet - definitely!

happy thursday! thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

You had me almost to the end. Then that My Space thing happened.

I LOVE the Intuition razor. I find that it is not as good a shave as a Venus, but it's so handy. I have a single stall shower and it's really hard for the water not to wash away the shaving cream.

LOVE Paperbackswap. I need to list some stuff soon though, as I currently have ZERO credits.

Dane Bramage said...

Great list. I relate with #13. Since the kids are gone I don't think the TV has been on for more than 3 hours this week. A far cry from the 24/7 it used to run.

And thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen. It is my 38th installment: 13 Bits of Workplace Wisdom.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Evanescence... YUMMMMMM. One of my fave bands of the moment (okay, of the past few years).

Bookcrossing, PBS... YES!

As for bathing suit cover-ups, I bought board shorts and a tankini top last summer. LOVE it!

Amy Ruttan said...

If you like myspace you'll love Facebook.

I love Cadbury mini eggs and the Mr. Clean eraser is a life saver with two toddlers.

Great list, Happy TT. thanks for dropping by mine.

Coco said...

I love #13! :)

Unknown said...

You are so right with #9. Why is that?? If I wouldn't end up looking like such a freak, I'd get my hair cut every day! :)

Gattina said...

I aske myself too "what did I do before blogging ?" I think I just ran around like a headless chicken to kill time ! Since I am retired I never really found something to keep me busy until I discovered blogging last year in July !
BTW if you have troubles with your pictures and they don't go to the place you want them to be, just click on "none" instead of "left", "center" or "right" I discovered this recently and it works very well.

Pamela said...

what DID I do before blogging...
??

I know I had one of those magic erasures. I should probably look for it. I probably shaved my legs b4 blogging, too. Oh... and I read books, too. (does reading on line count?)

I still eat cadbury chocolate. Blogging didn't stop that.

Fence said...

I've never even heard of Mr. Clean and his magic eraser, but I too am thankful for the mini-eggs :)

Happy T13

Anonymous said...

I can't live without my intuition razor or my magic eraser! They are marvelous inventions!
You and I need to go fishing! I hadn't been in soooo long. I sure do miss it :)

M.Amanda said...

I was surfing random blogs courtesy of the Next Blog button and saw your list. I love it.

1. I love the Magic Eraser. It gets my boyfriend's greasy prints off the refrigerator door! Now that's magic!

2. I'll have to try the Intuition. My Venus handle is looking pretty gross also. I've taken a sturdy scrub brush to it. It didn't get the corners and rubbed a raw spot on my hand...

4. I registered thinking, "What a great idea!" But was too lazy to catalog and register my books... Eh, maybe some day.

6. Yes, me too.

Great list! I enjoyed it.