Friday, August 26, 2005

Speaking of my Aesthetician...

So I went for my eyebrow wax yesterday. It's the same lady who always does it...she also does my hair. Anyway, you know how you get into the habit of going to the same person for stuff like this and when they deliver good results, you're afraid to go to someone else? That's kind of how it is with my beautician/aesthetician.

It's not that I dislike her...it's just that she's SO rough!

She insists on using the "pull the hair through tiny holes in the fraggle cap with a sharp knitting needle" approach for highlights. This is not my favorite approach. I'm all foil, all the way. Foil is painless and it's shiny. However, she says you can highlight closer to the scalp this way. I figure since she's the expert, I should just shut up and endure the agony. However, last time, I did ask her if I was bleeding when she got done. I literally saw little plugs of my scalp falling out when she brushed the little fraggle hairs that had been pulled through. She promised that next time she would use foil.

I wonder if that's subconsciously why I've been growing my hair out--to make it impossible to use the fraggle cap for highlights.

Sometimes when she's cutting my hair up close to my neck, she also cuts my skin. I wonder if they warn people in cosmotology school about all the important arteries and veins that reside in a person's neck. If not, maybe they should. I always have visions of blood transfusions after she jabs me in the neck.

And then there's the eyebrow wax. They, by very definition, are uncomfortable....but it's not the actual waxing part that gets to me. It the way she pushes down on my eyeball when she's sticking the cloth thing to my face to rip it off. I always feel like she's just going to shove my eyeballs back into my head and I'm going to have to train my dogs to be seeing eye dogs. And if that doesn't get me, she'll use the ol' "jab her in the eye with the tweezers under the pretense of getting a 'stray brow hair'" Yeah. She literally grabs my skin along with the hair and picks-picks-picks in fast succession. Truth be told, she's probably timing herself and trying to beat her previous eyebrow wax times. I just hope that when she makes it into the Guinness Book of World Records, I get some kind of recognition too!

No comments: