Monday, April 02, 2007

Submitted for your Approval



This was submitted by a member of my loyal public (yes, it was Kevin) as a reminder of why literacy is so important. Your local literacy council probably needs volunteers. I hope this will spur someone into action (don't look at me, I've already served my time with the literacy council!).

The irony is that the picture was taken at a certain institution of higher education. Some people have even called it "The Center of Learning".

And as a bonus, here's a picture of what could possibly be the largest windchimes in America. I couldn't even get the whole thing in the picture, it was that big. What's the purpose of such large wind chimes? If the wind is blowing hard enough to make them chime, you better head for your nearest storm shelter! Maybe that's the idea. Maybe it's a homemade tornado siren.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw some pretty large windchimes in an outdoor store in Magnolia. They were ginormous!! I wanted to get them for my Mom but they were outrageously expensive.
p.s. I've seen incidents similar to the "do not stack" warnings. It's amazing how much people don't pay attnetion to even the LARGE print.