Sunday, April 29, 2007

Getting on With the Business of Being 29

So I guess it's time to stop wallowing about this whole birthday business and start soaking up all I can of my last year being a twenty-something. (excuse me while I go weep)

Seriously, though, a big thank you to all of you who have sent cards, e-greetings, Myspace comments, and NORAH JONES TICKETS!<--Those are from my very most favorite boyfriend. I thought he was getting me a goat for my birthday, but instead he got me Norah Jones tickets (she's one of my favorites, remember?). She won't eat the grass in the back yard, but she will sing me a little ditty.

My folks came up today to take me out to lunch, so that was nice of them. My dad kind of fixed my guest toilet (and kind of showed me how to fix it). Who knew the inner workings of a toilet could be so fascinating? There's a lot of stuff going on in that little tank. Hopefully, it will work OK now because going "under the hood" in the toilet department really isn't my thing. Before you get really concerned about my indoor plumbing situation, it wasn't really broken. It was just extremely hard to flush (I have to push down on the handle with both hands with all of my might to get it to flush and all my guests assume they've broken it after they've used it--really quite amusing...I have to assure them that they won't break the handle off). Turns out, the little plunger thingy seals too tightly and makes it hard to flush. We temporarily fixed it, but my dad is going to look into repair kits to see what else can be done.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day.

5 comments:

Mo said...

hey...I have (literally) DAYS left in my thirty-something years, so SUCK IT UP - you're but a baby!!

LoL...J/K! I hope your birthday was fantabulous, and may the upcoming year be your best one yet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (a little late, I know) It sounds like 29 is off to a fantastic start. :)

Anonymous said...

My 30th birthday is already reserved for a day of crying in bed....all day...and maybe well into the next day...

:( I can't believe we are growing old!

Tiffany Todd said...

The boyfriend is definitely a keeper! Happy late birthday!

jasonandjennyt said...

Hey! Happy belated! :) Love you and miss you lots!! *Big hug*