Saturday, February 17, 2007

Note to Self: Relpax is Worth the Money!

I have had the most hellish migraine today. I've been fighting it a little bit for the past few days, but I think the one today is the worst one I've ever had. I was driving to a baby shower and I had never been to the house before, so I was having to watch the numbers on the mailboxes to see how close I was getting to the house. I started noticing that I could see the first digit of the house number, but I couldn't see the second number. It was like there was a gray blot over the second number. I didn't really understand what was going on, but I was getting frustrated with it.

By the time I got to the house, I was having a hard time seeing peoples' faces. They seemed out of focus and just didn't make visual sense. I don't know if that statement made any sense, but that's the best way I know how to describe it. I finally figured out that I was having an aura. I've never had one before. My vision started to clear up a little and then my head started hurting like crazy. I ran to Wal-Mart to get some OTC migraine medicine, but I guess I didn't take it in time because it didn't stop me from being sick, nor did it stop my head from hurting. It still hurts a little now, but I've been lying down with a sleep mask on for a few hours and it's pretty manageable.

I've got to get a new RX for Relpax (I'm out of it). It doesn't matter how much it costs if it keeps me from feeling like this.

No comments: