Thursday, February 22, 2007

13 Reasons I Shouldn't Be Allowed to do Yard Work (TT #3)

Yesterday I had to spend the day re-doggy-proofing my fence since my little wild child dug out this week. This means I had to weed eat. Nothing is as simple as it should be.

1. Weed eaters and electric fence wire do not play well together.
2. All the trenches Butter has dug in the back yard are really booby traps so I'll fall and kill myself and she can eat me. She has a heck of an appetite.
3. Doggy poop land mines.
4. Weed eaters and electric fence wire do not play well together. Yes. Again. People like me don't learn from our previous mistakes.
5. Fire ants. Fire ants love my fence. Good thing my pest guy is scheduled to come next week!
6. Inhaling dried grass clippings is hazardous to my health. See # 11.
7. Witnessing my dog drink out of an old moldy bucket that I wasn't aware even had water in it was gross. She has a perfectly clean water bowl on the patio, but prefers dirty water.
8. Smelling like dead grass makes me crabby.
9. Dirt and dust from head to toe.
10. Aforementioned dirt and dust all over the house...not that you'd notice since the house was already dirty.
11. Blowing my nose hours later and finding grass.
12. Grass in my hair makes me look like a Chia Pet.
13. I'd rather take a nap.

----------------

Of all the times for Butter to go on the lam, she chose a very pivotal episode of Alias. I got a phone call from someone saying they had her and had to leave Alias to go get her. By the time I got back, two fairly important characters had died and I didn't even miss an entire episode! Her sense of timing is impeccable.

9 comments:

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Fireants, Doggy-doo landmines, and green nose hair implants... Yeesh! Doing yardwork in your yard IS dangerous.

I usually put my kids on Poop Patrol before I do any yardwork. [heh]

Mercy's Maid said...

Tee hee hee. I've GOT to get some kids.

Anonymous said...

Hah! Grass and dust in nose hours later - I can totally relate, even though I normally love working out in the garden. Our cats drink dirty water too, and like to try tripping us on the stairs - possibly for the same reason (we try to tell them that if they eat us, there will be no one left to feed them later when we're gone).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smiles, and for visiting my blog.

Ms. George said...

Nothing is ever as simple as it should be. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Sue said...

Any reason not to do yard work will do for me. I stay away from that and leave it to my hubby. :)

Thanks for visiting. Happy TT!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I had to laugh at so many of these! Of course, the last one is the best in my humble opinion!

Anonymous said...

2,3, & 10 I can totally relate to. There are so many reasons I shouldn't do yard work either (and I don't!).

Loved your TT!