Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ho, Ho, Ho!

I've had a good weekend. I went shopping with Little Mandy yesterday (who knew that LR had a Pottery Barn?!)...when I say shopping, I mean that I tagged along while she shopped. I'm sticking to my no-last-minute-purchases rule. The mall was insanity. The funny thing about always shopping early is that other people don't. It never fails that one of those other people want me to accompany them as they do some hustle and bustle shopping. Still, it's not nearly as stressful when all I have to do is keep someone else company!

Anyway, interestingly enough we ran into Amber and Janna while we were at the mall (which stands to reason since I think everyone in the state must have been there!). It was good to see them. It had been years. We stood for several minutes in the entrance of Victoria's Secret talking and catching up and just asking to be kicked out of the store for being in the way. Then we walked back out of eachothers' lives until the next time we have a chance encounter.

It's weird to go from seeing people every single day for years to never seeing them. At least it is to me. I should probably be over that by now, but it's just surreal to think of oneself as just part of a phase of someone else's life. Granted there are people who have been "temporary friends" in my life too--guilty as charged! Sometimes people just grow apart with time, but most of the time it's *not* because it's inevitable. Usually one or both of the parties does her part to help the process along. Indifference can = 'doing her part'.

We met Virginia for dinner. I hadn't seen her since her wedding (because as we all know, being in a friend's wedding is the kiss of death to a friendship for some reason. I'm serious, I'm starting to get superstitious about it!). I think she has even better hellion-dog stories than I do. Her dog can scoot her crate around the house and eat textiles. Butter could really do some damage if she were intelligent.

Well, I'm off to wrap the few Christmas presents I haven't gotten to yet. Merry Sunday.

No comments: