Thursday, September 21, 2006

On Denise Austin

I was reading through Mandy's blog and saw some comments on Denise Austin. I tried to comment on her blog, but xanga didn't like me very much.

Anyway, I thought I'd just share my thoughts here and I might even throw in an extra college fun story as a bonus.

Denise Austin is on crack. There's no other way to explain her. When I was in college, one of the girls had a Denise Austin video--I think it was Little Mandy...someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, occasionally we would break out the video (we didn't have DVDs back then, kids) and attempt to keep up with her. Just about the point when we all wanted to die, she would say something really smart alecky like, "Now I want you to try this for an extra challenge!" Then she morphed into some kind of alien and started doing things that a human bone structure won't allow. Then lots of yelling at the TV would ensue.

You know what else used to be fun? Taping Days of Our Lives, muting the TV, turning the closed captioning on, and assigning everyone a 'part' to read. Of course, the funniest ones were when one of us got a guy's part. Imagine me reading for Bo in my best manly voice, "Hey there, Fancy Face! How's Shawn Douglas? How did Stefano get out of jail? I thought he died 7 years ago!"

Ah, those were the days. It's hard to get your friends to get on board with activities like that once you "grow up". Ah, the nostalgia!

RETRACTION!

I've been informed that it wasn't Little Mandy's video, it was Tara's. That makes sense because I remember cursing the video in Tara and Amber's room in Frances Crawford.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else thinks Deise Austin is a freak. I feel like I have been murdered only 4 minutes into her videos. We need to have her deported...from earth...

Mandy said...

I agree. It's unreal.

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm....
Deniiiiiiiise

Anonymous said...

Denise...
as opposed to DeNephew

Anonymous said...

David Crowder Band rocks! (well, actually they praise, but it rocks!)

Same for Pocket Full of Rocks
I think I'll start a parody band called Rocket Full of Pox....maybe not...

Nostalgia, Hmmmm, "mercy's maid"? how bout in my 'official' Ouachita Unified Martial Arts memebers' signin sheet:
may30838@delta.obu.edu

Mercy's Maid said...

Those were the days, Jim!