Thursday, August 31, 2006

Purse Shopping

I went to Kohl's today to try to find a purse. I left the store with a set of 4 dipping bowls and a silicone basting brush. They lady at the checkout was fondling my purchases.

Cashier: OH, what's this? 4 dipping bowls! You're kidding?! That's a good price.
Cashier: And what's this? OH! That's the neatest thing I've ever seen. I've never seen basting brushes like this. That's a really great idea.

I was like, uh...when you get done molesting my purchases, I'd really like to pay for them and go get some Chick-Fil-A. It's not the first time she's ever been my cashier and she pretty much does that no matter what I buy. Perhaps she's in charge of minimizing buyer's remorse by reassuring everyone about their purchases.

It's probably a good thing she works at Kohl's instead of some place like Wal-Mart. I'm envisioning the following...

Cashier: Oh, tampons! These are the regular absorbancy? The package is really pretty!
Cashier: Condoms? You made a good choice with the 'ribbed' variety, but I've never seen this brand before!

What else?

Today Arthur shared his Pop Rocks with me. It was like being a kid again. I guess they pop because they're "processed with carbon dioxide" (at least that's what the package says). That fascinates me. I think I'll eat some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMmmmmm....
Elderberry extraaaaaaact