Monday, January 09, 2006

I missed it!

I just learned that the pastor at my old church did a sermon on David dancing on Sunday. That's one of my favorite bible stories, and I missed it! And not only that, but they sang the David Danced song (you can listen to it for a limited time on the church's website: http://www.conwayfbc.com/default.aspx?pid=37) ;however, they did not bust out into Spanish as the people on the recording did which would have been a little of a disappointment. Soy triste!

As an aside for my Spanish speaking friends....why does it say "Yo danco como David" instead of "Yo bailo como David"? Is danco really a word? Because all this time I've been saying "Fiesta Bailar!" and not Fiesta Danc-er Danc-ir Danc-ar...whichever applies. Help a gringa out!

Anyway, they'll put the sermon up on the website and I'll listen to it later, but I was still sad that I wasn't there.

(Not that church wasn't good at the church I went to, but still.)

I actually went to church twice this weekend. One Sat. night service and one Sun. morning service (two different churches) but I'm not sure I've found what I'm looking for...which reminds me of a song...."But I stiiiiiiiiiiiiiill haven't found what I'm lookin' foooooor"

2 comments:

jasonandjennyt said...

Danzar is more of a formal word for dancing in spanish. That's the word the Bible uses. There are two Spanish words for dancing, you're right. "Bailar" which is the one you know, and "Danzar". Whenever I think of "bailar" I think of meregue, salsa or others. "Danzar" is more of an older, formal, or more interpretive kind of dancing, not wild, crazy party dancing.

Mercy's Maid said...

Gracias mi professora!