Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Good Girls Gotta Get Down Wit Da Gangstas!

UGH! That song has been stuck in my head all day. Dang you, Beyonce!

Yesterday Holly Jolly Christmas was in my head, so at least it's better than that.

My customers are all working from home today since there's a big transit strike in NYC right now. I hope that gets sorted out soon because my sister and her family are going to NYC for New Year's. Cabs are still running, but scarce and they've upped the fares to a $10 per head cost + mileage + some other fee. So they're really taking advantage of it.

She called me the other day and said, "What should we do while we're there?" I gave her a couple of suggestions, but I didn't have enough time to do fun stuff when I was there. I really want to go back sometime when I don't have to work and can just do a few touristy things.

NYC is kind of like Disney World. When you walk around you think, "Wow...this is like nothing I've seen before." Of course, I never had a homeless person ask me for money or smelled urine in the most unlikely of places in Disney World, but other than that...

No comments: