Sunday, October 23, 2005

What a Fun Weekend! (part 2)


Hey look, I'm back! I'm trying to do this in chronological order because I'm anal.

Anyway, this picture was taken at the wedding reception.


From left to right, that's Mandy, Me, Virginia, and Mary. That's a veiled look of pain on my face from the shoes from Hell!

It was probably nearly 1 in the morning when I got home from the aforementioned party and ready for bed. Unfortunately, we had some really obnoxious people upstairs who liked to stomp a lot and slam doors...that kind of thing, so I didn't get to sleep until much later. I found a little "guest journal" in my room later and started reading a few entries. Almost all of the entries mentioned the noisy people upstairs, so I guess they actually live there.

Then the bridesmaids got to the church at 7 the next morning to finish decorating it and setting everything up. I think 7 came really early for all of us! We ran around like crazy people until time for all of our hair appointments.

My hair appointment ended up taking twice as long as it was supposed to (she finished it and decided she didn't like it so she took it all down and redid it--all the while making comments about how stubborn my hair is and how it doesn't curl and how it doesn't stay where it's supposed to. I tried to tell her all that ahead of time, but I guess she thought I was joking!) Anyway, I was supposed to have been back at the church at 12:30 for pictures, but I was a little late. As it turned out, it wasn't a big deal because when the boquets came in they were all wrong and had to be sent back to the florist to be corrected and they had pushed pictures until after the wedding.

The ceremony went pretty much as planned...except seconds before he was to walk in, the ringbearer started throwing a fit, so he ran down the aisle crying into the ring pillow thing. Kids always end up stealing the show though.

To be continued...

No comments: