Friday, October 14, 2005

TGIF

Well, I guess the people at Curves are reading my blog because when I went yesterday I saw that they had gotten in a whole slew of new things you can spend Curves bucks on. So...I made my first "purchase"-- a long sleeved t-shirt. It's actually kind of cute.

I've decided not to weigh and measure this month because 1. It's depressing and 2. I was out of town when it was my time to weigh and measure and now it's kind of too late. I'll just do it next month.

My poker hand isn't looking so good. So far I have a Jack and a Two of two different suits (I can't remember which right now). I'm pretty sure that those two don't go together, even though I don't know how to play poker.

This morning I decided to make some chocolate milk using skim milk plus (skim milk that tastes like 2%) and Nesquik. It was good, but there were little white places in the milk that refused to turn brown. It kind of creeped me out, but I guess it's OK. Maybe it just has something to do with the plus part of the milk...whatever that is.

I'm hungry now, but my slave driver friend Hayden wants me to go work out at lunch. :) It will be good to get it over with, anyway.

I think Keith and I are going to dinner tonight...it's kind of a rarity because he usually cooks. Last I heard, there was a new Italian place opening up downtown, so I hope that's up and running. I'd like to try it out.

He said if it's not open yet, we can go to The Pasta House which is a gas station/car wash that has been converted into a restaurant. It's run by a Mexican family, so you can eat your Itailian food while watching Telemundo on TV. Also there's a big sign above the door that says "banos afuera" (bathrooms outside--I didn't say it used to be a NICE gas station). I also saw a roach there once. BUT it's the best Italian food you've ever eaten! I don't know where they get their recipes, but the food is wonderful. I didn't go back for awhile after I saw the roach, but I finally got my courage back and haven't seen another one since.

Last night I made fajitas from this fajita kit that Keith had bought. It came with tortillas, chicken fajita meat, and a big clump of nasty veggies like peppers and onions (gag me!). I refused to follow the directions and add the chicken to the veggies because I'm not eating chicken that's been mixing with that type of company! So I cooked the veggies in one skillet and the chicken in another and then put the plain chicken on my tortilla and put the other chicken in with the veggies. I think I cooked the veggies for too long though. I just wanted to make sure they weren't still frozen. Keith didn't like it very much. He said it wasn't my fault, but I think it kind of was. I think I just cooked the veggies until they were too limp and lifeless.

What does he expect? He's the cook, not me!

No comments: