Sunday, October 16, 2005

Happy Sunday

I did get a little work done this weekend (and a lot of laziness too). I mowed the yard, did some laundry, and I'm going to clean the kitchen in a little bit and hopefully fold some clothes.

I went by a nursery to get advice on what to do with my flower bed, and they told me to Roundup the heck out of it and then Roundup it some more. Then I'm supposed to put down some new dirt and add a weed barrier. We'll see how that goes. I did the first application of Roundup today and I'll try it again in about a week.

I read two books yesterday too. It was kind of a lazy day.

Some trains carrying some chemicals blew up near my parents' house yesterday. I didn't know anything about it until I called my mom yesterday afternoon and her first words to me were, "We're still here. We haven't evacuated." And I said, "Oh....OK....were you supposed to evacuate?" She told me to turn on the news. Anyway, I guess since they were upwind of the trains, they didn't have to leave. They did evacuate the nursing home where my aunt is living, but I guess they were all OK.

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but at least I'm taking Friday off. That should help.

Anyhoo, I have to get some house stuff done before I lose my motivation.

No comments: