Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gift Giving, Eyebrow Waxing, and Insurance, Oh My!

Today is going to shape up to be a fun day, I can already tell.

I got off to a good start by inundating my customers with paperwork early on.

At lunch I'm going to buy some seedy presents for a friend who's getting married and probably something practical too, you just never know.

Then, I'm going to get my eyebrows waxed by the eyebrow waxer of accidental death and dismemberment. Whoo hoo!

Our insurance stuff at work is all changing next year, so I have to go to an information session about that this afternoon. From what I hear, all of the sessions so far have been filled with angry people because the new insurance sucks. I've also had to listen to a coworker go through every single medicine she and members of her family use and hear how much they're going to cost next year. Is it rude to put on your headphones and just not listen when people are talking to you? I try it sometimes, but some people are more persistent than others.

We're going from really really good insurance (you can have a baby for $225) to really really crappy insurance that costs more. Actually it's a HSA which is a fancy way of saying, "We don't really pay for anything, we're just screwing you out of your hard earned money."

Anyway, I can't wait until my session. I'll be wearing my riot gear.

No comments: