Thursday, September 01, 2011

quick update

Sorry for the typos...posting this from my phone.

We survived irene with no damage to our house. However, we haven't had power/cable/internet since Saturday. We do have a generator that is running the fridge, the fish tank, some fans, and a couple of lamps. The power company quoted that we should have power by 11pm tonight. We'll see. I can't wait to take a warm shower! The good news is that we have plenty of water pressure and aren't under a boil order. That would have made life a lot more difficult. Since we don't have internet, I haven't been able to log in to work all week. I guess we'll see if they have mercy on me or make me use pdo for an act of god. Never can tell. I haven't even had cell reception for the past few days, so it's been pretty quiet around here. I've finished a couple of books. :) I guess this is what it was like in the olden days, sans generator.

No comments: