Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Planning?

I kinda feel like I should be doing a weekly menu plan to stay organized with grocery shopping, etc. Going to the store here stresses me out. There's a small grocery store here in town, but it has very little variety, it's laid out very strangely, it's expensive (or more so than what I'm used to), and the lines are always long. To go shopping in the nearest biggish town, it takes me about an hour round trip travel time plus shopping time, and I have to go on my lunch hour.

So needless to say, I would like to make as few shopping trips as possible. :)

If anyone has menu planning tips, lay 'em on me. We eat something I've cooked nearly every night, but since it's just the two of us, we usually have enough for leftovers for at least one meal (whoo hoo!).

This is what I've come up with so far. We don't believe in eating veggies. Don't judge!

Tonight: Roast Beef, Real Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Gravy, Rolls. (and I must say that the roast is smelling wonderful!)

Tomorrow: Leftovers...we should have quite a bit left.

Wednesday: Manicotti with homemade meat sauce and garlic toast. So proud of my Mr. for putting the extra sauce in the freezer when I made it a couple of weeks ago. He's a smart one. I'm really awful at remembering to freeze stuff.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Breaded Garlic/Herb baked chicken...probably with some kind of pasta or rice.

Saturday: leftovers

Sunday: leftovers/restaurant food/whatever.

That being said...with this menu, I don't have to go to the store until Wednesday...and let's hope they have a Rug Doctor for rent because little Shorty McShortypants has peed somewhere in this living room and I can't find it. It's driving me crazy,so I'll just shampoo the whole carpet. It's a good thing she's so cute!

1 comment:

Jennifer F. said...

Sounds like you're on the right track! Well, except for the no vegetables thing. :) You might want to also keep the ingredients for a couple of your favorite meals on hand at all times. When you make that meal, go ahead and buy the ingredients again. So if you can't get to the store again when you think you will, you've still got something to pull out of the pantry. Good luck!