Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Objectives and Accomplishments

First of all, if you've emailed, facebooked, called, texted, telegrammed, etc., and haven't heard back from me, I apologize. I am alternating between periods of "I'll never get everything done in time!" and "Ooh, look at what I've marked off my list, I can totally do this!" But all in all, I'm extremely overwhelmed with a bunch of stuff that needs to get done within a short period of time. And also, I have a previously planned one week vacation in the middle of all this which sounded like a good idea at the time, but now I'm thinking of it as a week where I'll get nothing productive done.

(Can you tell that today is a meltdown day?)

I have:
*Said yes to a dress (but I still have to work out what I'm doing about a petticoat and all that frou frou stuff that I know nothing about). The dress chick asked me what size dress I wear when I got there and I looked at her with a blank stare. I don't wear dresses! How was I supposed to know?!
*Taken my precious to get sized (I'm a little nervous because I handed it over to a guy with a gold tooth who tried to convince me to DRIVE to a small Carribean island rather than fly--needless to say, I want it back pronto!).
*Ripped down all of the wallpaper in my house (with lots of help, thank goodness!)
*Started painting (It's not as quick, fun, or easy as it looks and I want to cry).
*Spoken to a realtor.
*Gotten the downspout that Butter tried to eat replaced (without my consent...didn't know until I got the bill in the mail yesterday, but that's a different story).
*Hired lawn care professionals.
*Finished two books (one on marriage and one on weddings).
*Wondered what in the world we can do in place of premarital counseling considering that we're rarely in the same place at the same time.
*Started a registry.
*Freaked out about not knowing exactly all of the wedding/honeymoon details.
*Been constantly reminded of how blessed I am. Who else has it this good?! Nobody!

*Aside* Honestly, this has all been an exercise in realizing how little control I have over ANYTHING. It's unnerving, but everything is turning out way better than anything I could have come up with on my own, so it's also a lesson in trust. */Aside*

I need to:
*Find a home for Butter. We're not going to have a yard that's suitable for her.
*Find a sitter for Butter while I'm on vacation.
*Finish painting.
*Clean the house from top to bottom to get it ready to sell. Realistically I will be hiring someone to do this, probably. Normally I wouldn't outsource on something like cleaning, but I hate cleaning and I've got plenty of other stuff to do.
*Purge stuff I don't need anymore and stuff that we're going to have two of.
*Figure out how we're going to get my stuff from point A to point B. Cost/Benefit Analysis is in order. (sweetheart?)
*Get the house listed within the next 2 weeks.
*Maybe have a garage sale to get rid of all that purged stuff. I'm thankful to have already had volunteers step up and say they'll help, but time is short.
*Spend as much time as I can with family and friends.
*Sell the house.
*Move.
*Get married 1-2 times. :)
*Leave the continental US and hopefully regain my sanity.

Oh my goodness, y'all. Pray for me! This is all very worthwhile, but today is definitely a meltdown day. I want to crawl up in bed and go to sleep for awhile, but I have to work the rest of the week b/c the team leader isn't and I have to be him while he's gone.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

As someone in the process of selling her home, I can say with easy certainty- hire someone to clean it! I would go so far as to call your realtor and ask who they recommend to cleaning before selling. Seriously. Save yourself the time and heartache.

Lainy said...

It's VERY overwhelming :) But once it's all said and done, you'll have an immense feeling of accomplishment! And a new husband, a new home, and a new life! Hang in there! You won't go through all these major life changes at once without shedding a few tears and pulling out some hair :) *hugs*

Roz said...

Everything's going to be great. Call me if you need to talk, or want to donate some of the stuff you are getting rid of to the needy, i.e. me. lol I got the apartment btw. So YAY! I am praying that your precious gets back to you better than ever. :) Allow yourself to take breaks when you need to. It will all get done. FIGHTING! That is a Korean expression for YOU CAN DO IT! And you don't even have to do it in your own strength. Love you, praying for you! Roz