Sunday, January 02, 2011

Who Needs a Title?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/New Year.

It was certainly an eventful one on my home front. I don't know if God intended for us to pick a date on the calendar and, ostensibly, use it to "celebrate" Christ's birth, but if he did (clearly I have my doubts), I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to look anything like my Christmas. Lord have mercy!

Oh I got lots of nice things, but there was so much family drama. It was really unfortunate and not God-honoring at all.

Anyway, my doubts about Christmas could be a whole different blog post, so I won't even go there.

Suffice it to say, I was so glad to be home, I nearly kissed the ground!

In other, happier news, one of my Christmas gifts was a Kindle. You may have noticed that I have a major love affair going on with books, so I think I'll get a ton of use out of it. I was concerned about reading off a screen instead of having an actual book in my hand, but it really doesn't feel like reading from a screen. It's going to be great for my book club books because I can bookmark pages I want to talk about, add notes, do searches, etc. Fun stuff.

And now I'm going to lie back down. I've been fighting with a headache for days and I'm hoping today will be the last of it.

No comments: