Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thirteen LibraryThing Recommendations (TT 37)



Just for giggles, I clicked the recommendation link on my LibraryThing page to see what kind of books they think I'd be interested in reading. The way I do LibraryThing is I have a new one each year. So all they have to go off of in recommending something is the books I've read since January.

Below are the first 13 recommendations and whether I think I'll actually read them.

1.Undead and Unreturnable by MaryJanice Davidson (Probably not. I don't love the series enough.)

2.Bluebeard's Egg and Other Stories by Margaret Atwood (Eventually. I love this author.)

3.Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank: And Other Words of Delicate Southern Wisdom by Celia Rivenbark (Absolutely! Very funny author...and it sounds like good advice to me!)

4.High Five by Janet Evanovich (No way, no how.)

5.She's Gone Country: Dispatches from a Lost Soul in the Heart of Dixie by Kyle Spencer (This is the first I've heard of this one, but seeing as how it only has a rating of 2.75 on LT, I doubt I'll mess with it.)

6.Love Is a Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison (I've already read it. It's great!)

7.Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (Enjoyed it. Liked the movie too.)

8.World Without End by Ken Follett (I liked the first book in this "series", but these books are SO long. Not sure if I'll get around to this one.)

9.Undead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson (See #1)

10.Undead and Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson (See #1)

11.Undead and Unappreciated by MaryJanice Davidson (See #1)

12.Small Wonder: Essays by Barbara Kingsolver (Another author I love. This one is already on my TBR shelf.)

13.A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett (I'm not familiar with this one. I kind of doubt I'll get around to it.)



See more Thursday Thirteen posts.

1 comment:

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Hello! Just here via T13. I haven't gotten into the MaryJanice Davidson books yet, but was thinking about them. I'm still not so sure.

That Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank had me LOL-ing!