Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson


The story starts off with our heroine, Betsy Taylor, getting laid off. Then she gets run over by an Aztec when she goes outside to rescue her cat during a snowstorm. The next thing she knows, she's waking up in a funeral home with a bad makeover and a cheap outfit her stepmonster picked out for her burial.

In time, Betsy comes to realize that she is a vampire and she becomes introduced to other vampires and their way of life. Surprisingly, they think she is the prophesied vampire queen and won't let her go about her life as she pleases.

This is a humorous mix of comedy, vampire fiction, and chick lit. The author continually pokes fun of the story and the characters throughout the book, and that makes the story all the more enjoyable.

It was a little "romance novel-ish" at times, which I don't particularly care for, and it has quite a bit of bad language, so if that bothers you, this is not the book for you.

This is the first book in the "Queen Betsy" series.

Fiction - 2004.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have resisted these books forever on the premise that I don't need to start another series. My best friend loves them though, so I'm sure eventually I will cave.

Anonymous said...

oooo how long is there series?? because it sounds like something I would like. I dont want to start another series either, because as you know its taking me forever to read a book these days lol. And I NEED to reread The Half Blood Prince before it comes out at the theater :)

Mercy's Maid said...

I'm not sure. I think there are at least 5 or 6 of them. I have the first two. I'll pass them on to you when I'm done.