Friday, January 23, 2009

The Things I Miss

On Monday evening, I had two places to be at once. I hate when that happens.

First, I had my book club meeting. You may remember my musings about how tense the group is. Especially when there is any mention of Twilight. It's a running joke now amongst the Pro-Twilight camp. Anyway, I went to the meeting, but had to leave early, so I'm told that I missed the part where one of The Grumpies pounded her fist on the table and said she hated Twilight so much that she vomited through the whole thing.

Mind you, we read Twilight in OCTOBER. It's over, Grumpy. Let it go!

Now there's a concerted effort to make mention of Twilight, vampires, Stephenie Meyer, etc. at each meeting to catch her reaction. I did NOT implement this plan, but I HAVE encouraged the other ladies to start videotaping the situation so that I can review the footage on nights when I have to leave early.

Second, I started a new women's study at church. Beth Moore's Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman. I'm so excited about it that I could do a cartwheel...but I'd probably hurt myself, so I won't! I'm looking forward to learning a lot and laughing a lot along the way (if you've never done a Beth Moore study, do one. She's a hoot! And the link up there has a promo video for it.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Soooo....question regarding Pay Per Post...I've been wondering about things like this but haven't known anyone that has done it that would be honest about it. Can you fill me in on some details?

~Elizardbreath

elizardbreath at hotmail dot com

Mercy's Maid said...

Hey! I tried to e-mail you, but I got a delivery failure notice.

Unknown said...

Oh duh, I didn't leave the right address...here it is:

elizardbreath8 at hotmail dot com

(forgot the 8!! :)

Thanks!

Mo said...

HeeHee...well, all I can say is that if you keep busy, spring will get here *that much* faster! LoL...

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you!

(Drop by my site when you get a minute...I have something for you!)

Anonymous said...

I just started Beth Moore's Esther study too! We're on week 4 and I love it!

Mercy's Maid said...

I'm loving it too. I heart Vashti. I wish she had more of a starring role. :)