Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Could I Be More Boring?

Kevin keeps telling me I need to blog and I keep having to ask him what the heck I have to blog about.

I still hold that mindset, but I'm checking in anyway.

Work has calmed down quite a bit in the past week. It's nice, but I've gotten so used to the constant stress of the past few months that I'm still in this stressed-out holding pattern just waiting for the other shoe to drop. My boss asked me yesterday if anything else was wrong and I told him no, I'm just still decompressing. Apparently the amount of decompressing I'm going to have to do is not going to happen overnight.

The good news is that I've made a lot of improvements to the stuff I've been working on. What started out as 23 individual steps has now become 8 steps. And I have plans to reduce the number of steps even more in the future. Perhaps it will keep me from losing my mind the next time I have to work on this God-forsaken stuff.

I guess the one exciting thing that's happened lately is that I've joined a new Book Circle (basically a women's book discussion group) and we had our first official meeting on Monday. It was a lot of fun to hear the different perspectives everyone had about the same book. The group is fairly diverse and I so enjoy that.

No comments: