Friday, November 02, 2007

Bon Voyage!

Tomorrow, I'm heading to my sister's house in Alabama. This adventure is sure to be drama-filled. The thing is, it's my nephew and his bride-elect's wedding shower. The lady who is throwing the shower is nuts. The bride's mother is nuts. My sister very nearly nuts at this point. So there's no telling what might happen. I will keep my camera battery charged in case I need to take photos for "evidence" in a court of law (or to share here!).

The good news is that I just found out today that my niece and her baby are coming along for the ride. I know, the idea of a little baby having to ride in a car for something like 7 hours isn't all that appealing. It's just that I've been missing him. I need to hold him for a minute. My arms have been empty. And I need to listen to him laugh. He apparently thinks everything is funny now. He wasn't laughing yet the last time I saw him.

This unexpected news also means that my little house is going to be PACKED tonight. My mom, sister, niece, and great-nephew will all be spending the night at my house tonight and then we'll leave for AL in the morning. My sister's house is going to be even MORE packed than mine once we get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where at in 'Bama?
you know I was born in Mobile, right?
ROLL TIDE!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope things go nuts. It will for a good post.

Mercy's Maid said...

Huntsvilleish.