Friday, August 24, 2007

What Book Are You?

I saw this on Riley's blog and thought it looked fun.

These are my results:




You're Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!

by Mark Twain

With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black
and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less
it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time
understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your
adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I haven't floated down a river in *years*, and I don't really like straw hats. But it was fun to take it anyway.
--------------------

I spent the bulk of yesterday evening boxing up books. I actually have four packages of books to mail out today. One paperbackswap book, One Book Spiral for Bookcrossing, and two book boxes. Are you starting to see why my TBR list never seems to go down much even though I read constantly? I got about 4-5 books from book boxes (I'm trying to limit myself on how many I take)in the past couple of days, and Jerra forked over two of her books that she "wants out of her house!" So that's like 7 new books in a week.

I'm listening to Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen on CD now (it doesn't count toward my TBR count because it's not a Bookcrossing book). I picked it up when I got A Thousand Splendid Suns and I figured I could listen to it when I'm in the car and get through it little by little since I don't have to turn it in until the 9th (and because it's so hard to read a book while driving. Sheesh.). It's a good book (I'm only on chapter 5) and I actually don't mind listening to this one instead of reading it. It flashes back and forth in a man's life--from when he's 20 something and when he's 90 (or 93--he can't remember). They have two different guys reading the book depending on whether he's young or old, so that's kind of interesting. The readers on this one are a little more dramatic and that makes a big difference.

My list of priority TBR books (books that people have given to me, previously bookcrossed books, etc.) has grown to 20 (the most it's ever been). Here are those titles.

The Mammoth Hunters by Jean Auel (received from bookbox 2-23-07)--have to finish book #2 in this series before I can read it.
The Oath by Frank Peretti (received from bookbox 3-20-07)
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (rec'd from unknowncritic 3-25-07)
No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark (rec'd from book box 4/30/07)
The Devil Wears Prada (rec'd from bookbox 6/10/07)
Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde (rec'd as rabck from cinnamon-girl 6/13/07)--Have finish the next book in the series before I read it.
Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It by Geoff Dyer (rec'd from bookbox 6/14/07)
The Kid by Dan Savage (rec'd from bookbox 6/14/07)
Working Dogs (rec'd as rabck from etherea 6-19-07)
When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? (rec'd from bookbox 6/28/07)
Magical Thinking (rec'd from bookbox 6/28/07)
The Virgin's Lover (rec'd as RABCK from awakeagain 7/20/07)
The Complete Book of Candles (rec'd from bookbox 7/20/07)
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (rec'd from bookbox 7/20/07)
Drowning Ruth (borrowed from friend 8/11/07)
The Boy on the Bus (borrowed from friend 8/11/07)
Tuck Everlasting (rec'd from bookbox 8/21/07)
The Worst Day of My Life So Far (rec'd from bookbox 8/23/07)
The Beach House (rec'd from bookbox 8/23/07)
Ellen Foster (rec'd from bookbox 8/23/07)



In other news, I just overheard this conversation between a very loud crackhead that works on the next aisle over and someone else on that aisle:

Crackhead: All jacked up on Mountain Dew!
Someone Else: You are?
Crackhead: No. You ever seen that show?
Someone Else: Uh, no.

I hear stuff like that coming from that row everyday. It's very odd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention! I've been wanting to read a Prayer for Owen Meany for a long time now. My TBR list is ridiculous. It's probably longer than the number of books I have read in my entire life. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

You're Ulysses!
by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.

Mercy's Maid said...

Ha! If it makes you feel any better, I never picked up on your vulgarity. :)

Anonymous said...

WoW! Someone's eles's TBR list is longer than mine!
btw, I got The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on the book quiz :D