Thursday, August 02, 2007

13 Things I Want to do on Vacation (TT #24)



(TT Banner courtesy of this person.)


I have a vacation coming up in, oh, 8 days (but who's counting?!). Here are thirteen things I want to do on vacation.

1. Snorkel. I snorkeled for the first time last summer and I really liked it. (This is also a reminder for The Boy to make some phone calls and find out where we need to buy our snorkels)

2. Sit on the back patio of our townhouse and see this:


3. Sit on the beach and read. I'm taking the Uglies, Pretties, Specials trilogy by Scott Westerfield to keep me company. They all count toward the Dystopian Challenge (see sidebar) and they're part of a book spiral from Bookcrossing.com. A kind lady from the UK sent them to me and I just have to read them and pass them on to the next person on the list when I'm finished.

4. Drink something with an umbrella in it. Preferably something strawberry flavored.

5. Hang out with the Tainers. (Incidentally, I will be hanging out with one of the Tainers tonight! Whoo hoo!)

6. Release some books. I released two or three last year and got journal entries from them.

7. Eat fajitas and cheese dip.

8. Walk around the swanky shopping center place and possibly play in the fountain if I can make all of the kids evacuate it.

9. Take lots of pictures.

10. I'll be in trouble if I don't list this, so "Go see Todd at the Golfarium."

11. Stop by the visitor's center on the way there this year and see what kinds of coupons and brochures and maps we can come up with.

12. Follow my new gps system there and not end up in Egypt due to faulty mapping software. (My new gps doesn't know which house is mine when I try to use it to navigate home. It's a little disconcerting.)

13. Take naps. I so miss being able to take naps.

See other Thursday Thirteens.

Other Thursday Thirteen participants:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice TT-- Hope you get to do all of them on your Vacation!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a very relaxing vaca - hope you enjoy it!
Happy TT13 - mines up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

The Rock Chick said...

I'd like to sit on the patio of your townhouse and see that, too! Cool!!!

Napping, umbrella drinks and good books are musts on a vacation!!! Hope you enjoy yours!

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

Hmm...from the sounds of it, Destin, maybe? Have a wonderful trip!

Pamela said...

Eat fajitas and cheese dip. yum