Warning- Mild spoilers ahead! Enter at your own risk!
These aren't in any particular order because every time I try to pin down who my favorite character is, another one comes to mind.
1. Dobby. Even before the last book, I loved his character. I like all of the house elves, but he was so unique and sweet.
2. Kreacher. I know he was mean and all that (although, we start to see a different side of him in book 7), but he always provided comic relief.
3. Molly. The main thing I associate with Molly is love. She loves her family, and she takes Harry in as if he's her 8th child.
4. Hagrid. His preoccupation with "strays" reminds me of myself.
5. Peeves. He was great comic relief too. And he really came in handy in the last book, didn't he?
6. Professor McGonnagal. She was always trustworthy and fair. I think they casted her really well in the movie too.
7. Snape. The guy I loved to hate. I had hoped he would turn out to be good in the end.
8. Dumbledore. How could you not like him? I especially loved the scene where Harry got to see his memories in the pensieve.
9. Winky. I guess I have a thing for house elves, huh? Drunken elves are funny.
10. Luna. I loved her quirkiness and her sense of loyalty.
11. Hermione. She makes it OK to be a nerd. It's refreshing to see a heroine in a major book series.
12. Fawkes. The idea of having a pet that sets himself of fire periodically sounds like fun. :)
13. Mrs. Black's Portrait. This goes along with Kreacher. Sure, she was foul, but the idea of a painting yelling at the guests in the house and insulting them is brilliant.
See other Thursday Thirteens.
Other Thursday Thirteen participants: