Monday, July 23, 2007

Some People...

Some people are just baby hogs and that's all there is to it. And by baby hogs, I don't mean they're piglets. I mean they butt into my time holding a baby and that's just wrong!

But I'm not bitter.

You know what's fun, though?

It's fun when you go out of town for a few days and you come home to jillions of free books. OK, not jillions. But probably 20ish. A lady sent me Philippa Gregory's The Virgin's Lover because she knew I liked The Other Boleyn Girl. Wasn't that sweet? I love Bookcrossers. And I got a box of books that I started a few months ago. I picked out a couple of books and will be sending it on to someone else this week. Did I mention that I love Bookcrossing? I only ever PAY for books on a special occasion anymore--like the release of the new HP book. I wasn't willing to wait around for that.

So far, I've done well on avoiding spoilers--though I did read what the last word is from a contest that Scribbit was hosting. It didn't give anything away, but it did kind of shake me up a little. Not because of what the word was, but I just didn't mean to stumble across the last word.

Can anyone remind me what a "squib" is? Obviously, they're kind of second class citizens. I think they're not entirely magical, and I think there's a fairly well known character who is a squib, but I can't remember who that would be.

By the way, Ingrid over at Through My Eyes has nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award! Since I've already done it once before, I won't nominate more blogs for it, but I did want to link back to her in appreciation for the nomination. I really enjoy her blog. Check her out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Filch is a Squib, and so is Mrs. Fig. I already posted the definition of a Squib on your My Space page :D Sorry it took so long tho, because like you, I was afraid to get online for fear of someone spoiling it for me.

Marina said...

Another BookCrosser! I've been 'crossing since 2002. When I started out, I did a lot of trades, then realized there was no way I'd have enough time to read everything that was coming in! I focus on wild-releasing now, but I may get on the boards again, do some mailing.

(here from T13, will go comment in the right post now)