Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Junk-In-The-Trunk Experiment

*This is a sticky post. Scroll down for newer posts.*

What does your car trunk (or the bed of your truck or whatever) say about you?

I went to the store yesterday and when I popped the trunk to put my purchases inside, this is what I saw:






I kind of laughed because it's a pretty decent indication of things I do and/or what my life is like. (You'll note lots of books--free at the library last week, my emergency toilet paper, dog food, and laundry detergent)

I wondered what other peoples' trunks might say about them, so I'm starting an experiment. Take a picture of your trunk and post it on your blog. Post explanations for the contents and how they relate to your life...or just keep us guessing! Leave a comment here with your name and blog address and I'll update this post with links to the participants.

If some artistic person wants to make an icon for this challenge (to go in a blog sidebar or whatever), that'd be great.

Other Participants
Ingrid
Rosemarie

13 comments:

Pamela said...

oh Connie.. you need to pop in and offer to host next week (the 23rd) fun monday and have that as a theme.

This week is being hosted by
Tiggerlane

click over there.... and check it out.

Books, hooks, needles, and my weightloss journey said...

Sounds like this could be a great Meme! Along the lines of "What's in your purse?", it would be "What's in your car trunk/truck bed?". I don't have a trunk, but in the bed of our truck we have two bags of lawn clippings that need to go to the composting pile at the recycling center (which is just down the street, I know I know), One bag of empty cans (needs to go to the same recycling center), Two camping chairs that need to go back in the shed, one tool box, one spare tire, a partly filled one gallon gas can, and one green carpet under everything.
Tina

Scribbit said...

You may laugh but I've got two #10 cans of cheese sauce. The Costco variety. THat's all and they've been there for about a month now.

Anonymous said...

What your trunk mostly says to me is that you have a baby, because you always have to have a hand to carry the baby in and so the "non-essential right now" stuff stays in the trunk till you use it. Again, because you have the baby, you are too exhausted or busy or both to bring yourself to go back and carry in heavy stuff. Been there, done that. Now my trunk is clean except for emergency kit but only because I have a 12 yr old and 14 yr old helping to carry stuff in. lol

Mercy's Maid said...

Nope! No baby! :)

Tiggerlane said...

Hey! Did you want me to add you to the Fun Monday list? Email or comment my blog by 9PM CST time and let me know, so I can add you to the list!

theotherbear said...

Hmm. All I have in my car boot (we call them that over here) is one picnic rug, unopened, never used. I even get my boot vacuumed out every few weeks. I am slightly anal...

Lisa said...

I forgot to take a picture, but my truck has a Aladdin sheet folded in half and spread out so the dog can get in there (it's a crossover SUV, so it's a cargo area, not a truck). Then on top of that there is a pirate hat, a bag of baby clothes, several diapers (clean), and, as of tonight, some little bits of paper garbage that I threw back there before my inlaws got in the car. Seems like there is one other bag of stuff, but I can't think of what it is. Usually there is a hiking book too, but it's not in there now.

jasonandjennyt said...

Man...I thought you were kidding about the TP!

Anonymous said...

If I had your trunk, I would never have to make any emergency trips to the store.

Anonymous said...

Ah one of the benefits of not having much of a trunk. Of course the rest of the car...

Anonymous said...

This is a great Idea! I will be participating!

Anonymous said...

My trunk is always empty...kinda like my soul o.o lol seriosuly tho, there isn't anything in there :D