Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Come, Lord Jesus

It's been another one of those days.

A day that has made me hum the song for employees suffering mistreatment all day.

I'm pretty sure I have high blood pressure now. I even lit a couple of people up today for wasting my (and a lot of other people's) time. I try to make things foolproof for them, yet they don't read my explicit instructions. Might beat someone.

This is an excerpt from an actual conversation I had today:

CrazyPerson: What's going on with that stuff? They sent the file wrong again?
Me: I sent you an e-mail this morning and asked you to forward it on so they would know exactly how to send the file.
CP: Oh. I saw that e-mail and told CP #2 about it, but she didn't ask for me to send her the e-mail with the directions. Should I forward that e-mail on to her?
Me: YOU SHOULD HAVE FORWARDED IT ON TO EVERYONE THIS MORNING! YOU DIDN'T, AND NOW YOU'VE WASTED MY DAY AND [INNOCENT VICTIM'S] DAY. NOW I'VE TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF FORWARDING IT ON TO HER AND EVERYONE SO I KNOW IT'S BEEN DISTRIBUTED!
CP: Ohhhh. Really? I feel bad now.
Me: YEAH.

Might beat someone. Did I already mention that? I mean it this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song has been my tech dept's theme song for the past 8-9 months - it must've worked, the new superintendent left, praise the Lord, but the damage has already been done.
Oh well, Joseph went through a lot worse, and came out great