Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cameras: Don't Leave Home Without 'Em


Had lots of fun last night with The "Tainer" Family, but I can't blog about it yet because the blog entry would be incomplete without the pictures. We seem to have a knack for finding embarrassing photo ops when we're together, and I went off and left my camera at home. Nevermore, quoth the Jennifer! Anyway, luckily, there was another camera in attendance last night. I just have to wait for the pictures to be sent to me. Heh.

Today, Kevin and I went to Riddle's Elephant Sanctuary. They open it up one Saturday a month for visitors to come see the elephants and learn about what's going on at the sanctuary. We have talked about going since forever, but we always forget or the weather is yucky that day or something. Today turned out to be a great day to visit. It was kind of cloudy and it never got unbearably hot. They have bunches of elephants that they've taken in that have outlived their usefulness in the circus/zoo industry. The people who run the place are ex-elephant trainers for the circus and they got tired of elephants having to be put down after a certain age (they have hormones that make them grumpy just like teenage humans), and started this refuge. Since both Asian and African elephants are endangered species, that's probably a really good thing.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This has NOTHING to do with your post, but I felt you ought to know that I dreamed about you last night. I have no idea what the rest of the dream was, but you were in it.

The night before I dreamed I was at the auto mechanic's with Britney Spears getting her prized car serviced- a 1997 Ford Taurus. And I found out I was pregnant after a blood test-- at the mechanics.

So there's no telling what we were doing or who we were with!

I am not a stalker, I swear!

Michelle said...

Yeah, it's usually the one time you forget your camera that something hilarious and completely camera-worthy happens. At least you had a backup.

Pamela said...

going with lisa's (the stalker)comment .. I do know that Elephants have at least a 24 month gestation..a Tauras is a bull - and there are Bull elephants...
and Br*tn*y Sp**rs made an Pacaderm butt out of herself earlier this year.

I think it has something to do with your post... maybe.


I look forward to the pictures.