Thursday, June 07, 2007

13 Norah Jones Songs that I Love (TT#18)

In honor of the Norah Jones concert I'm going to tonight, here are 13 Norah Jones songs that I love.

1. Seven Years
Fragile as a leaf in autumn
just fallin' to the ground
without a sound
crooked little smile on her face
tells a tale of grace
that's all her own
...
she's a little girl
with nothing wrong
and she's all alone


2. Come Away With Me
I wanna wake up with the rain
fallin' on a tin roof
while I'm safe there in your arms


3. Turn Me On
Like a flower
Waiting to bloom
Like a lightbulb
In a dark room
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on



4. The Nearness of You
It's not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me, oh no
It's just the nearness of you



5. What Am I to You?
When I look in your eyes
I can feel butterflies
could you find a love in me?
would you carve me in a tree?
don't fill my heart with lies
I will love you when you're blue
tell me darlin' true
what am I to you?


6. Until the End
Like a child, you forget
but I remember everything...and every sting


7. Not My Friend
You made it sting
your voice is ringing
just like the boys who laughed
at me in school
you are not my friend
I cannot pretend anymore
...
I'll be ok
cause when I back away
I'm gonna keep the handle of
your gun in sight


8. Thinking About You
When you sail across the ocean waters
and you reach the other side safely
could you smile a little smile for me
'cause I'll be thinkin' about you


9. Rosie's Lullaby
The water pulls so strong
and no one is around
and the moon is lookin' down
sayin' Rosie, come with me
close your eyes and dream


10. Not too Late
My lungs are out of air
and yours are holding smoke
and it's been like that now for so long


11. The Prettiest Thing
The prettiest thing
I ever did see
was lightning from the top of a cloud
moving through the dark
a million miles an hour
with somewhere to be


12. Humble Me
Baby teresa got your eyes
I see you all the time
When she asks about her daddy
I never know what to say



13. The Long Day is Over
Feeling tired
by the fire
the long day is over

the wind is gone
asleep at dawn
the embers burn on

with no reprise
the sun will rise
the long day is over


You can get the Thursday Thirteen code here.

Other Thursday Thirteen participants:

7 comments:

Juzahlyn said...

wow great songs...have fun at the concert

Colleen said...

I love Norah. She has such an amazing voice. Happy TT

Rebecca said...

I've never heard of this artist before...

Happy TT13

Roz said...

Hope you have great time tonight. :) I have an interview for a cool job tomorrow. (I'll email you the details).

Anonymous said...

I love Norah Jones. She is one of my all time favorites. I like all the songs listed! I have all her cd's.

Lisa said...

I don't think there is a Norah Jones song I don't love. Hope the concert was great, I'm jealous.

I think I need to find some Norah Jones to listen now, in fact.

Happy Thursday, a day late.

Jeannine said...

Great list. I, too love Norah!