Friday, April 20, 2007

Yard Update (with pictures)

I came home from work and commenced with the mowing of the yard. I always complain that my Fairy God Mother never shows up to mow it for me, right? Well, I had just started on the front yard (one and 1/2 strips in) and this guy I'd never seen before was jogging down my street. He just kind of smiled as he passed my yard and kept going. The next thing I know, he's walking back toward my house, and he takes his headphones out of his ears and starts talking to me. I turned the mower off so I could hear. Then he said the most beautiful words in the English language, "Do you want me to mow that for you?" The angels sang The Hallelujah Chorus. It was a beautiful moment in the history of time. I was so shocked that I said, "What? Uh. Oh. No, it's OK, I can do it. Thank you though. " What the freak was I thinking?! It could have been the start of something really special (in that way in which it's really special when people mow my yard for free).

Oh well. At least it's proof that chivalry isn't dead. Unless he was just trying to get in my pants.

It looks like my snapdragons are going to survive. I took a picture of a couple of them so I could share them with you. My love affair with snapdragons started when I visited my Aunt Mildred in Mesquite as a child. She had snapdragons and she showed me that if you pinch the sides of the flowers, they will open up and look like the mouth of a dragon. Fuzzy yellow tongue and all.





This was the first time this year that I've mowed the back yard, but I found that I had patches of flowers growing...ok, they're weeds with flowers on them, and they were such a vibrant blue-purple that I couldn't bear to mow them down. So I mowed around them. My back yard is white trashy anyway, I might as well keep the pretty weeds.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooo they are pretty. My yard consists of a few patches of grass and some gumballs... :D