Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wanted: Metal Detector


Has anybody seen my keys? I haven't been able to find them for the past two days but I know they're somewhere in my house. I've been using my spare car key which has gotten me by (I use my garage door opener to get in my house), but the keys to my desk are on my main key ring and that's starting to become a problem.

So I need to borrow a metal detector so I can sweep my house for my keys. I'm getting frustrated about it. I guess I'll turn the house upside down tonight and see if I have any luck finding them.

Enough of that.

Last night was Bookcrossing meetup night and it yielded two people I had never seen before, so that was good. One even brought a book to share, but he hadn't registered it yet, so he took it back with him. Somebody else had donated a book to the donation box and people have actually been doing pretty well with keeping it stocked. This was was the first time in two or three weeks that I've had to add any books of my own.

I went to the tobacco store yesterday to mail 8 packages -- 4 were books that were requested from paperbackswap.com (thank goodness! I'm very low on credits!). I felt bad for the guy in line behind me that just wanted to buy a pack of smokes.

1 comment:

Mo said...

ya know, I've been bxing for about 3 yrs., and have never been to a meet-up. I live at the beach, and they're always on the other side of town, so its just not convenient for me.

But, I'm glad to hear that yours seem successful!