Saturday, April 07, 2007

Book Riot

Today was the library book sale (aka the most wonderful time of the year). While I was meandering around looking at each and every book, I kept having visions of two people grabbing at the same book and violence ensuing. It made me laugh (and look psychotic).

Final verdict? I got 58 books for $6.50. I know. 58 books. I just want to throw them all down on the floor and roll around on them. But I won't (it breaks the binding).

I've been keeping track of how many books are in my To Be Read stack for the past few months and this is how it's gone so far:

Number of books on Mt.TBR as of 2/06/07 = 70
Number of books on Mt.TBR as of 3/06/07 = 72
Number of books on Mt.TBR as of 4/06/07 = 73

So as you can see, I've actually been treading water pretty well. You might be thinking that all 58 of the books I got today are going to be tacked on to my total TBR number, but that's not so. I'm only actually going to read a few of those. The rest will be given away or traded for other books or paperbackswapped.

Unfortunately, I think I have a few TBR books on my shelf that aren't registered at Bookcrossing, so my true count is probably higher than the numbers above. It'll just have to do for now, though.

Mary- I finished reading Night Swimming, so I'm free to discuss.

And in closing, here's one of the oddest things ever:



1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Congratulations on a great haul! With a bargain like that, you should come hang out with the ex-relayers over at BookObsessed.com. You'd fit right on in... but Mt. TBR will NEVER be the same again! *grin*